Learn about Korean tea ceremony from experts at Bukchon Hanok Village, an area best known for its traditional Korean houses!
Professor Eunju Seo, a representative of Bukchon Dareasong, will lead this experience. She received her doctorate degree for her dissertation about the infant tea ceremony, a research paper first of its kind in Korea. She will show you how to become the main character in a traditional tea ceremony.
Professor Seo believes that “family traditions” can become future “creative traditions”.
Experience the traditional tea ceremony culture of Korea in an authentic traditional Korean house, while wearing the traditional costume for the tea ceremony!
Through this experience, you can…
– have an opportunity to wear the traditional costume for tea ceremony.
– experience a traditional tea ceremony, which changes with the seasons.
– make your own tea food for the tea ceremony.
– learn traditional Korean customs such as the traditional bow.
– celebrate your visit to Korea by enjoying a green tea hand & foot massage and tasting traditional tea.
– take home the tea food you made in a traditional Korean lucky bag.
The Traditional Korean Tea Institute is located in Bukchon Hanok Village, which represents 600 years of Seoul’s history.
“Tradition is an old future”
is a quote by Professor Eunju Seo, whose family has preserved and sustained Korean tea ceremony culture for four generations.
She emphasizes the importance of understanding tradition as part of our daily life and living culture, rather than as formal and rigid customs. Experience the living traditional culture of Korea with her!
Professor Seo says,
“Appreciating oneself and treating oneself well form the basis of good manners.”
During this program, you will become the main character of the tea ceremony class.
As a valued guest visiting Seoul, we hope that you will enjoy your time with us.
We provide customized experience programs to match the time of your visit and who you are (i.e. nationality, gender, age, culture, etc.).
We hope you have a comfortable visit!